http://folksy.com/shops/littlemisscrossstitch

.

Wednesday 10 February 2016

Mad Haed 'ers retreat weekend


So as promised here are some photos from my lovely weekend in Crewe in Cheshire with my mum. We had a fantastic weekend!



 This was us arriving in our hotel room being very pleased that we actually made it all the way. Looking a little dishevelled but I had been driving for the last 4 ish hours.


 This is the reception in the hotel. The staff where so welcoming in the wychwood park hotel and where friendly, helpful and professional throughout our stay.


 This was our view from the room, unfortunately as it was raining when I took the photo it doesn't really do it any justice. It was a lovely view, the hotel had lovely grounds. Which my mum and myself took a lovely stroll around on the Friday when we arrived so we could stretch our legs !
 I really like this painting that was in our room. I must have watched too much White Collar on Netflix as I had to look behind it to make sure there where not secrets there.

 So this is the stitching room. There where 50 of us in there in total. So 49 of us stitching all different heaven and earth design charts. I was surprised that no-one had the same design to stitch and I think most of us had more than 1 project with us. My mum doesn't actually stitch so she spent the weekend knitting. I cannot knit even though my mum had tried to teach me countless times. I cannot get to grips with holding a knitting needle in each hand. I have also tried to teach my mum to cross stitch but she can't get the hang of it. She randomly leaves a space every so often in between each stitch.
 This is my mum enjoying her healthy bowl of muesli for breakfast on the Saturday morning.
 I however enjoyed a lovely fried breakfast, then a bowl of granola and then a crossoint !

I didn't actually take any photos of my stitching over the retreat, I was too busy stitching to think about taking photos of what I was doing. Plus I tended to leave my phone in the hotel room so I wasn't distracted by facebook and Instagram. I will take some photos before I start stitching on them again so you can see how far I have come. I took old world map and grumpy owl with me. I managed to put quite a few stitches in each over the weekend.


 Excuse my messy bed, my mum was very good and had made hers ! This was on the Sunday morning when we where packing up getting ready to vacate the room. We had to be out of our rooms by 11am but we where allowed in the stitching room until 5pm. My mum and I's intention was to stay for the carvery lunch and then leave at about 1:30. However we decided to leave after we had had breakfast at 9:30am as we had a long drive in front of us.
This was my first long drive so I was very proud of myself and the mileage I covered over the weekend so had to take a photo. I had never driven on a motorway before and the thought of it was so scary. But I managed it so feel like I can go any-where  now  ! Where will my next adventure take me ?

No comments:

Post a Comment