http://folksy.com/shops/littlemisscrossstitch

.

Monday 4 August 2014

First Week of the Summer Holidays

Hello ,
      so first of all some non stitchy news. I went on holiday last week with my mum to Butlins at Bognor Regis. We had a lovely time away and it was nice having some 'me' time but I did miss my little family loads.

These two blokes where crazy on this wheel thing. It was really interesting to watch especially when they where juggling whilst standing on the top of the cage.

 This was one of the evening entertainment called 'African Fusion'. The group was really fantastic and lots of variety to their act lots of dancing and as you see below balancing on chairs !
 This is me standing on a very windy but very warm pier at Bognor Regis.
 My mum and I booked tickets to go to the Butlins circus where there where the usual clown acts as well as this lady who wasn't tied in but just using the fabric to climb up. She then twisted herself around the fabric and done lots of different poses.
 This was a great Freddie (queen) act. Not quite what my mum and I was expecting but still really enjoyable.
 Lastly a picture of my mum walking along the beach which you can see mainly consists of pebbles ! We did manage to collect lots of shells though.


So my son wanted to get a new pet he has had hamsters, gerbils in the past and also has had Indian Stick Insects. He decided he would like stick insects again but a different type so I managed to find a reptile shop in Norwich that was selling 'Black Beauties'. There are 3 of them in here and have grown so much in the 2 days that he has had them. They are only babies at the moment and the females grow to about 7 cm and the males about 5cm. They can also live upto 2 years !
  One of the girls got married on Saturday from work and here is my son looking all handsome for the wedding reception. The bride looked stunning and by all accounts had a fantastic day.

Now onto stitchy news. I took part in a challenge where you counted how many individual stitches you done throughout July. I managed to do 4219 stitches in total, the lady who done the most managed over 30,000 !! I have no idea how she did that but I am going to carry on and see if I can beat my total in August. So I worked on both of these to get to my stitchy total .

Well that's all my news for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment